Mark A. Simon
Top 5 of 2016’s IIHS Safest Cars to Avoid an Auto Accident in Denver
Car accidents may seem inevitable. In many cases it is user error and then other times it could be due to a malfunction of the car. If you are in the market for a new vehicle, it is good to keep safety in mind because while you can always reach out to your local Denver auto accident attorney, no one wants to be in an accident! Below are some of 2016’s best five cars from the different car groups that the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) have rated to help you make a decision on a safe car.
- Mini Car—Mini Cooper: The Mini Cooper was the IIHS’s top safety pick winner for the mini car category as it received the highest ratings in their crashworthiness test (small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraints and seats). It is definitely a great car with front crash protection. In addition to this great rating, the 2016 Mini Cooper includes safety features such as brake assist, electronic stability control, auto-on headlights, integrated turn signal mirrors, night vision, blind spot mirror assistance, auto-leveling headlights and lane departure warnings.
- Small Car—Acura ILX: One of the newest additions to the Acura family just happens to also be one of the safest small cars on the road. The premier Acura ILX received great crashworthiness ratings and the IIHS rated as having superior front crash prevention with the optional equipment. In addition to great fuel economy, the Acura ILX also has brake assist, electronic stability control, auto-on headlights, integrated turn signal mirrors, night vision, blind spot mirror assistance, rollover prevention, adjustable pedals, auto-leveling headlights and land departure warnings.
- Midsize Car—Chevrolet Malibu: The Malibu is a quality vehicle with plenty of room and has safety ratings to make you and your family feel comfortable. It was a superior rating for front crash prevention. With this car, you can expect to have great features such as automatic pedestrian braking, automatic high beans, blind spot monitoring, lane assistance, an indicator for distance, forward collision alerts, rear cross traffic alert and auto-braking.
- Large Car—Toyota Avalon: The Avalon is also one of the highest rated IIHS vehicles for front crash prevention for it’s exceptional reviews for small overlap front, moderate front, side, roof strength and head restraints and seats. This spacious car has many neat technology features as well as safety features. You can expect to have blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic notifications, forward collision warnings, lane assistance and a very user-friendly infotainment system.
- Large Luxury Car—Hyundai Genesis: For exceptional large luxury car front crash prevention, the Genesis is a great choice. This vehicle comes at a great price point and with a great warranty. It also has plenty of room. One of the neat add-ons for this car is a CO2 sensor monitor. If the car senses CO2 levels are high, it will keep them low to help the driver avoid being tired. Some of the other safety features this car has includes auto-braking, blind spot warning, lane assist, rear cross traffic alerts and parking sonar.
If you find you have been injured in an accident and need help, call Mark A. Simon. Our go-to dedicated team will review your case! Learn about the 3 Car Safety Features to Prevent an Auto Accident in Denver and give us a call to get started on your case.