If you are injured on the job, the life that you used to lead can come tumbling down around you. You may experience lost wages, inadequate medical care, harassment on the job, or even termination. To make matters worse, navigating the legal system in Colorado can feel like inching your way through a maze, one wrong turn after another.
As a dedicated workers’ compensation attorney in Denver, Mark A. Simon is here to help. Since 1990, Attorney Simon has provided a path forward for injured workers and their families throughout Colorado. When you schedule a free consultation, he’ll listen to your story and work closely with you to seek the compensation and the peace of mind you deserve. If you live in Aurora, Centennial, Northglenn, Lakewood, or anywhere else in Colorado, set up an appointment to get started.
Financial Compensation to Support Your Recovery
Being injured at work can be incredibly frustrating. Whether you were performing job-related duties or simply injured on company property, you may be searching for a road to recovery and a path forward. Part of this process includes receiving workers' compensation benefits. If you are hurt at work, you may be entitled to benefits including:
- Payment of your medical care which is reasonable, necessary, and related to your work injury
- Payment of lost wages for the period of time a doctor has taken you off work for the injury
- Payment for prescriptions related to the injury
- A lump sum payment for permanent disability
- Payment for mileage traveled to obtain medical care
- Disfigurement benefits which are capped at $9,007 with small increases for cost of living adjustments
You can’t wait forever to pursue these benefits. Like every state, Colorado has deadlines on when to file a workers’ compensation claim. In Denver and elsewhere, you must file a workers' compensation claim within two years of the accident. Because injuries are not always immediately evident, the two-year time frame begins on the date when you became aware that you sustained injuries. With help from Mark A. Simon, you can file a claim efficiently so that you can seek the compensation you need as soon as possible.